With the emphasis on health growing, many have been quite frenetic in their intake of multivitamins or whatever supplement without even thinking if it’s really what their body needs. And so the question..
Are multivitamins really good for you?
Obviously, supplements are good and needed if you do not have a ‘balanced diet’ since you would need it to prevent deficiency and avoid diseases. Yet how many could really afford a ‘balanced diet’?
Indeed, the world is in such a sorry state that while not many could afford such a diet — even more doesn’t have the knowledge on the significance of nutrition that they’d just take things for granted.
Still, more than understanding that deficiency could make you open to illnesses — and too much of a vitamin could also lead to toxicity — it would be better to take organic (t’is if you are lacking in whatever particular food group) rather than synthetic as you are just wasting money on something that’d even hurt your pocket.
Okay, synthetic is cheaper than organic; so why would it hurt our pockets? ‘Cause it ain’t really doing the good that we hoped it’d do to our bodies but are just building up in our tissues causing toxicity.
Common Synthetic Vitamins to Avoid:
- Vitamin A: Retinyl Palmitate
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): Thiamine Mononitrate, Thiamine Hydrochloride
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): Riboflavin
- Pantothenic Acid: Calcium D-Pantothenate
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
- Vitamin B12: Cyanocobalamin
- PABA (Para-aminobenzoic Acid): Aminobenzoic Acid
- Folic Acid: Pteroylglutamic Acid
- Choline: Choline Chloride, Choline Bitartrate
- Biotin: d-Biotin
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid): Ascorbic Acid
- Vitamin D: Irradiated Ergosteral, Calciferol
- Vitamin E: dl-alpha tocopherol, dl-alpha tocopherol acetate or succinate
NOTE: The “dl” form of any vitamin is synthetic. (Nutritional information courtesy of Global Healing Center)
Other Toxic Ingredients to Avoid In Supplements
- Magnesium stearate (or stearic acid)
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) disguised as “natural flavors”
- Carnauba wax is used in car wax and shoe polish
- Titanium dioxide is a carcinogen
On the other hand, organic is natural that it could help heal our body.